• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera 2 low mod.

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
I put a Tera 2 low kit in my '98 and now I have fixed the indicator so that it matches the shift pattern, also fixed the Z gate too.
day view
1.jpg

night view.
2.jpg

cut off notch so now is a straight pull.
3.jpg

Clear maylar, masking tape, had Signs Now make the black letter cutout, clear maylar.

2offroad,
Nice job! We XJ freaks are a weird bunch ain't we? We'll go the extra step for nifty details like that...... but say the heck with keeping the interior clean.

Got vacuum? :laugh3:

2offroad said:
Clear maylar, masking tape, had Signs Now make the black letter cutout, clear maylar.
We don't have a place like that here. Do you have a contact number for someone that's familiar with your set-up? I'd like to order one in reverse shift order, as my Novak shifter has the pattern reversed. 2Low is fully forward, etc.
Thanks.

Looks great! I thought about doing something similar to that, but never got around to it. I was also going to build a new shift gate with repositioned stops, but again, never got around to it. :rolleyes: Took measurements for the new stops and drew up a scale diagram too. I do kinda like the idea of a straight gate though... hmmm...

Fuel, check out my write-up on installing the 2LO kit: http://jeepin.com/features/tera2lo

Bill, how do you like that Novak shifter? Got pics? :D I saw some discussion about it on the TJ forum on JU, but haven't heard of any XJ'ers with it yet. Aside from the reversed shift pattern, how well do you like it vs the stock shifter?

BillR said:
We don't have a place like that here. Do you have a contact number for someone that's familiar with your set-up? I'd like to order one in reverse shift order, as my Novak shifter has the pattern reversed. 2Low is fully forward, etc.
Thanks.
Contact number for them would be nice.

Do you think they still have the pattern?

Thanks

Fergie

Jeepin Jason said:
Bill, how do you like that Novak shifter? Got pics? :D I saw some discussion about it on the TJ forum on JU, but haven't heard of any XJ'ers with it yet. Aside from the reversed shift pattern, how well do you like it vs the stock shifter?
I like it real well so far. It's much simpler and very solid. You can also adjust the height of the shifter shaft so the knob is almost any height you want. I have mine sticking up close to the same height as the auto-tranny shifter.
I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

It stays on the computer till it crashes. I'll find out how much it will cost for them.

here are a few pics of the Novak shifter. I mounted it highn on purpose so I could reach it easier.
100_0463.jpg

100_0464.jpg

Like I said, It's working really well. :wave:

BillR said:
here are a few pics of the Novak shifter. I mounted it highn on purpose so I could reach it easier.
100_0463.jpg

100_0464.jpg

Like I said, It's working really well. :wave:
Can't see the shifter....glare from the ID picture is blinding!

:wave:

Fergie

xjj33p3r said:
So, this thing completly reverses the shift patterns? Or did you just mod yours to be in the stock locations?
Nope, it's a reversed pattern due to eliminating some of the linkage and pivots under the OEM shifter.

Back