• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at 3 Different Tires Opinions Please

CanadianCool

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 92 cherokee with 4 inches of lift and hacked fenders, and I wanna run 32's but i'm having a hard time deciding on what to get. The 3 in looking at are the :32x9.50 tsl swamper , 32x11.50 tsl/sx swamper and 32x11.50 tsl ssr. I know the first to are bias and the ssr is radialis anyonerunning any of these tires? If so what do you think of them? I need a really agressive mud tire up here in Northern B.C. not to many rocks here. Any info would be great thanks

if your gonna use them for mud... Sx's have 23/32 tread depth and SSR's have 21/32 tread depth. i'd with the SX's that way you can also do some rocks if ya feel like it.

HTH
brandon

non-radials are not worth the $$$ if you see any street time IMO
VERY specific pressure needs as well as increased tire wear due to heat are a few of the issues that i have with them...

cccj said:
Do not get the SSRs. They have weak sidewalls. The SXs are the strongest, most durable.
What he said. SSRs are a liability on the trail.

r@m

so the tsl/sx would be the way to go then? Interco is the only company that I found that makes a really agressive mud tire in that size. Are there any other tires that would do the job in a 32? BFG=NFG up here. I would like to try Baja Claws but 31 or 33 are the only choices.

if you are on any kind of side hills dont' run claws, they go pretty good straight and climb ok, but on sidehills I have watched people slide to the bottom or the first tree in sight, not lateral grip....my $.02 from watchin others in the muddy trails around here

CanadianCool said:
so the tsl/sx would be the way to go then? Interco is the only company that I found that makes a really agressive mud tire in that size. Are there any other tires that would do the job in a 32? BFG=NFG up here. I would like to try Baja Claws but 31 or 33 are the only choices.

BFG=NFG is the rule around here too.

I was planning on Truxus MT in the metric equivalent of 32x10.5. It's a DD rig so I need something a little less aggressive than a full on SX.

r@m

I too think my next set will be the Trexus tires, they are subpose to be fairly gentle on the road, and darn good offroad. The funny thing is, I am still riding on the same mudders I bout 3 years ago, and have 33,000 miles on them, and have at least 5-6000 more miles. The brand I speak of is Dayton Radial Stag, believe it or not, but heck, they've lasted a great while to my supprise.
Any body else have any other convictions they would like to share?

I'm on my second set of 32-10.5 TSL Radials. More aggresive than the SSR. Same pattern as the TSL or SX w/ slightly less tread depth. I love them. Bias are supposedly stronger than radial in the sidewall. But I think the sidewall thickness has more to do with it than the construction. Just for perspective, I took one of mine when it was used up and started carving up the carcass w/ a grooving iron to see how thick. Near the shoulder, @5/8" of rubber before hitting belting. The bead area was slightly less, and the middle of the sidewall was still 1/4" before hitting cord. That set had cuts down to the belting on the face of the tread from ice, and never failed. And much better traction and flotation than the bias.

Ok thanks for your help I ordered a set of 32x10.5 tsl radials today gonna be here in a week thanks again, cant wait gonna cut more fender! 4 inches of lift make em fit. Thanks again

Have you looked at the Pro Comp X Terrains? I got a set of 31X12.50 and so far am very satisfied on road/mud/noise. Some of the Pro Comp tires have 50K mile warranty....probably not the XT's.

Oh yeah 1 more question about the 32x10.5 tsl radials, it says on the website to run a 7 inch wide rim I have a set of 8 inch rims would this affect the tire in a negative way? Is anyone else running these tires on 8 inch rims? Thanks for the info

Check out the procomp xterrain. Procomp has a special starting in March. Buy 3 get one free. Dealer I go through did it for me a little early.

For your money stick with Interco. I have LTBs 31x11.5 and in May I'm going to Truxus. Mainly because the lugs are chewing up my fenders. 3.75 backspace didn't help. The LTB's are pretty bad on pavement though. They like going where they want to go. I haven't ran a radial in 5 years so I'm kinda looking forward to 10.5 Radials. I'm keeping the LTB.s for when I go to really rough areas. I've had BFG,Mickey Thompson,Wild Cats and Interco is the best traction and wearing tire I've ever had. I siped the Swampers though. Not sure if that helped on life span. I've had them going on 3 years and they have a few off road years left.

Back