• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission not shifting right

y-townxj

NAXJA Forum User
my transmission on my 92 cherokee doesnt shift down into first on its own i have searched and havent found exactly what i have happining with the jeep i am gusing its the tps since so many others have had simaler problems with theres and it came out to be the tps if you think this what it is how do i replace or adjust it please post with ideas thanks

y-townxj said:
my transmission on my 92 cherokee doesnt shift down into first on its own i have searched and havent found exactly what i have happining with the jeep i am gusing its the tps since so many others have had simaler problems with theres and it came out to be the tps if you think this what it is how do i replace or adjust it please post with ideas thanks
did you check your tranny fluid level?

y-townxj said:
any one please HELP

Maybe these will help with the TPS adjustment -

TPS Procedure1

TPS #2

TPS #3

TPS #4

TPS is located on the side of the throttle body. It may need to be replaced if it's not working smoothly. It's just a potentiometer supplying reference voltage in proportion to throttle position. If you understand what that means, you should be in good shape to figure out how it may be bad.

Back