• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock selection

red91

NAXJA Forum User
OME seem to be out of my [email protected] + each...and I don't want rancho or skyjacker...

What are my best options and costs ?

any adverse affects running a longer shock for possible upgrade in height at a later date ? Going to 4.5 in the near future and thinking about 6 inches later down the road.

red91inWA said:
any adverse affects running a longer shock for possible upgrade in height at a later date ? Going to 4.5 in the near future and thinking about 6 inches later down the road.

Yes, you can damage a shock if it is too short or too long.
For cheap, I like Rusty's shocks personally (IIRC Monroe?)
another alternative would be doestch tech.
Then I would go with a monotube or OME or Bilstein's (again out of your price range).

HTH,
Michael

I like my doestechs there hydro though and pretty cheap but they work are you looking at gas or oil. Ive also heard great things about monroes as well. Ive also heard KYBs are great. My dads got a set of em on the cruiser nice stiff but still comfy ride gas filled.

TORX

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47475

That's a thread I started today. Maybe you can find suggestions in there, but I was mainly looking at

Bilstien
Ranchero
Rubicon Express (may be in your range)

but there were other models mentioned in the thread

My only opinion would be to STAY AWAY FROM PRO-COMP! They ride like CRAP! :mad:

Back