• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1-2 gear on transmission

jstlink

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 88 cherokee,4.0,automatic transmission.maybe this is normal but here goes.when i put the car in the 1-2 gear in 2 wheel drive,it feels like it goes into gear,when i go fast in this gear then let off the pedal,the car suddenly feels like it jumps into first gear and slows down dramatically,but then will let out after a second or two.when i'm in 4wd on flat ground,i go to punch it in my 1-2 gear and it feels like its going in and out of first and second gear sporadically with me not even taking my foot off the gas,so the car lunges forward,then slows down,etc.....all while keeping my foot on the gas.i had a 4 runner before where i would just put it in low and it stayed in low,so i'm not sure if this is normal or what.i will mention that when i'm going up an incline in 4 low in the 1-2 gear, it seems to be fine.i did have 4:56 gears and detroit ez lockers front and rear installed recently.any thoughts?

Back