• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 pioneer gadget????

jb98xj

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up an 89 pioneer recently and there is something that confused me. On the ceiling, in between the visors there is a small plastic housing. It looks it may have been a compass, or a thermostat possibly. There is currently small led screen on it, but it has a small circuit board inside of it. Can anybody tell me what this is???

jb98xj said:
I picked up an 89 pioneer recently and there is something that confused me. On the ceiling, in between the visors there is a small plastic housing. It looks it may have been a compass, or a thermostat possibly. There is currently small led screen on it, but it has a small circuit board inside of it. Can anybody tell me what this is???

umm... infrared keyless entry?

how small we talking?

Re: Re: 89 pioneer gadget????

RINGKONG said:
umm... infrared keyless entry?

That's what it is.

Hmm, that stinks, I never got a remote with it. I'm not even sure that it works, it looks semi dismantled. Thanks guys, at least I know. That actually brings me to another question. When I hit the door lock switch, I hear them try to lock/unlock, but that is about it. What can I do to make them work?

jb98xj said:
Hmm, that stinks, I never got a remote with it. I'm not even sure that it works, it looks semi dismantled. Thanks guys, at least I know. That actually brings me to another question. When I hit the door lock switch, I hear them try to lock/unlock, but that is about it. What can I do to make them work?

Lube 'em.... and make sure you got a good ground.

Mine were all gummed up on my 88 i just bought...

works like a charm.. even the tail gate.

Back