• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case e-brake?

I believe the only thing that had any sort of a brake was on the Toyota FJ40s series that has a drum e-brake on the output shaft of the transfercase

XTrmXJ said:
I believe the only thing that had any sort of a brake was on the Toyota FJ40s series that has a drum e-brake on the output shaft of the transfercase

Range Rovers had a Transfer case break on them also (may or may not include Disco's and others, can not remember).

I have seen numerouse others that have done this aftermarket, primarily with disk breaks instead of drums. I have not seen a write up on this or an example on a XJ. Let us know if you find anything.

michael

I've seen a few writeups about using a Geo/Suzuki disk as a brake...just realize that any breakage downstream from the brake will allow that axle to roll freely...

I found a few pics for ya. I don't remember where I got them, but it looks like somebody put an ebrake on a 231!
231new03.jpg

231new2003.jpg

ebrakedone.jpg

ebrakepic.jpg

new23120032.jpg

By the way, I should have pointed out in my previous post, that the brakes on 2WD chassis are behind the trannys of course and are usually drums, not disk, like what are usually used on atlas's and d300's.

Back