• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light?

Nernballs

NAXJA Forum User
I used the little computer thingy and got my truck checked out, it said there was a misfire in cylinder 3 and i changed the spark plugs but i dont know how to reset the check engine light... Will it work if i disconnect the negative battery terminal completely for a few seconds?

Nernballs said:
I used the little computer thingy and got my truck checked out, it said there was a misfire in cylinder 3 and i changed the spark plugs but i dont know how to reset the check engine light... Will it work if i disconnect the negative battery terminal completely for a few seconds?

There is a TSB on this one. Dealer needs to install a sleeve on the fuel rail and do a software upgrade to the CPU to prevent the MIL from engaging. Misfire is happening due to fuel that evaporates in teh fuel rail before it makes it to the cylinder.

you can reset the light with your scanner, scan for codes again and there should be an option to clear the code if its telling you that the vehicle is ok to drive.

eric

Back