• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liberty Rims ?

DaveD912

NAXJA Forum User
First off - will they fit my XJ? They are off a stock 2001 Liberty, 16 inch alum. That's all I know. Anyone know the BS? Any advantages or disadvantages to switching to 16s? My '01 XJ is stock until the spring when it's getting a 2" BB.

Same bolt pattern, but I think the BS is a little deeper, which will tuck the tires into the body more. There are 16" XJ rims available on some of the last few years if you wanted to keep stock BS. My '01 Limited has them.

Thanks, I know the XJ's came with 16's. Right now what I'm trying to do is replace my rusted steel 15's on a budget and some Liberty rims are on eBay in my area :)

I found a downside to 16's - tire prices. For whatever reason 16's are more expensive than 15's for the same size tire. Which makes no sense to me since it's less rubber...

The upside would be that you'd be able to run bigger calipers if you ever needed or wanted to, and less sidewall = more stability, although you want enough sidewall to get decent flex also. I run 16x8's on 4.25BS because I wanted to run 285's, which are 33x11.5 in size. A lot of 16" tires are D-class also, which means a stiffer sidewall, but I don't know if a stiffer sidewall equates to a stronger more cut resistant sidewall as well.

Back