• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade drop brackets?

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
anyone ever make a RE style drop bracket? i need them but i cannt see spending 300 on the kit and then new LCA's...with all that i could get a long arm kit....and ideas or pics?

littlexj1 said:
anyone ever make a RE style drop bracket? i need them but i cannt see spending 300 on the kit and then new LCA's...with all that i could get a long arm kit....and ideas or pics?
the "quarrel" on homemade DB's went something like this:
I was droped deep in enemy territory, given a survalience mission and supplies for 6 days. It got to be day 12 and i was tied down in a firefight for the last 36 hours. my fingers were numb from the russian winter, and my throat burned from lack of water and yelling commands to nearby comrades.
Then the decision was made that DB's are cheaper and safer to buy than to fab. HVAC picked up me and my crew - and we were headed back to base to rendivzous with the hummer convoy headed for shri-lanka.

maybe for the common Daily Driver jeeper, the homemade drop brackets pose a fabrication dilemma...but this is not the case here...after a couple of plays with the search, no one had any picks of homebrewed DB...i think i will give it a shot..but i am thinking of a cross member, like skycraper puts on there rock ready kit... maybe starting out with some mj brackets....any ideas?

Okie Terry said:
He was rescued by an air conditioner?
fuk and too late to edit it...
time for bed!

Back