• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does this look like 3"s

My skyjacker lift was right at 3".....and it looked just a little taller.

it is prob advertised as 3 but it looks to net about 2-2.5. That would rub like hell wheeling with 31's. Id go with a taller setup to run that size tire. RE 3.5 with fullpacks... 600 bucks but worth all the money.

they prolly just grabbed what they thought looked like a 3" lift on some xj and postd it, cause i searched and found a '95 on a 3" blackmountain and it looked a bit higher front and rear. thanks for the reply!

Sean

Bmxpunk1369 said:
it is prob advertised as 3 but it looks to net about 2-2.5. That would rub like hell wheeling with 31's. Id go with a taller setup to run that size tire. RE 3.5 with fullpacks... 600 bucks but worth all the money.

on that note i figure snatch the 3" from Black Mountain for now it fits my budget.then in a few months once it settles ill toss in a 1 1/4" spacer and toss in a dakota helper or something similar new shocks, and net around 5". so around $425 bux ive figured once i get done. compared to double that if i go and buy the RE kit and thats only 3.5" i still want more in the long run.

Sean

Ive been researching the Black Mountain lift and found out it is just a rough country kit in a black mountain box and decals on the shocks. If you go to thier web site they even use the same pictures to show the lift that rough country uses on thier site. Just remember you get what you pay for. I would just save a little longer until your buget lets you spend a little more for a good lift so you only do it once and enjoy rather than screwing around with something that wasnt that good to begin with.

still cheaper then Rough Country's kit,lol....itll work for now. i agree to save up and all that but the way things go for me, something will come up and ill have to use the saved money. ill ride the 3"s for a little and go from there. prolly end up going with the 4.5 super flex kit but thats a bit down the road. thanks for the input everyone!

Sean

Back