• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom LCA Q's

xjcat

NAXJA Forum User
I'm starting to make my LCA's
and was wondering what size steel to use and and sould i offset the bushing
towards the axle or Bend the arm's
Any input into this would be great

photos would be good to

Thank's
Fred H

How much lift do you run/plan on running? Are you talking about offset at the bushing or the arm itself to clear the tires? Bending the arm does nothing to improve the ride, the mounting points are what determine geometry.

As for strength, 1 1/4" x 3/8" wall DOM tube should be fine, thread it for adjustability and run a rubber bushing at the frame end and an RE SF joint at the axle.

Last edited:
I made my LCA arms with stock bushing, and made some sleeves to hold them, which I have a set for sale if you want.

Then I used tubing 1/4 thick and welded a large 1-1/4" fine thread nut on them and resesed them half way into the tubing. Welded bushing sleeve and 1-1/4 all thread to the other end and put grease zerk on bolt. They are heavy duty and adjustable for 4-6 lift. I have been running them for a year and love the rubber ride.

Instead of bend, I offset the slower sleeve to avoid flexing and hitting the mounts.

Just my pennys and thoughts

I have pics of my sleeves and bushing for sale i can email you.

Back