• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swap Meet

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Anyone going to the Moonshiners' swapmeet next month?

http://www.moonshinersjeepclub.com/swapmeet/swapmeet.htm

There's a good chance I'll be there since that gives me a few weekends to get my Jeep put together. Let's hope there aren't any backorders when I get my parts rolling in on Friday. Anyone swinging down is welcome to join us for breakfast at Denny's in Kent off 167. It has been our tradition the last few years. :)

We got the tranny for the Scrambler there a couple of years ago. Andy, Chris and I may try to get down there again this year. There's a few things I might want to look at. Thanks for the reminder!

I am already taking too many days off for other things to do. Maybe I will have to hit this one up in the morning?
How big of a Swap Meet is it?

Avanteone said:
I'll be there. We've had our 4 booths reserved since November :)

John

Heh, we're not working it this time. Our POC hasn't worked here for a while and when it came time for registration the goofballs called and asked for him....didn't say who they were, just said, "OK, thanks" when we mentioned that he didn't work here and hung up. :wierd:

That's too bad, too, because that was a major cash sale day for us...not to mention the early in and the OT. :D

JMotorsprt said:
I am already taking too many days off for other things to do. Maybe I will have to hit this one up in the morning?
How big of a Swap Meet is it?

Pretty good size, takes up space in the 'barns' at the Puyallup fairgrounds. You can walk through pretty quick if you're just browsing though.

This is the largest 4x4 swapmeet around this area. There's always good deals to be found, along with lots of JUNK. Most of the barns Phil is referring to have been levelled due to the remodeling of the fairgrounds so we're not EXACTLY sure where in the fairgrounds we're going to be yet. Definitely worth checking out if you can get there.

John

Avanteone said:
Most of the barns Phil is referring to have been levelled due to the remodeling of the fairgrounds

John

Oh crap, I just realized as I was reading that there was a ton of fencing and visqueen around while I was working the sportsmen's show...

The crowd dynamics and the weather will really play an interesting role in how it goes this year. The main barns are gone and we'll basically have a construction zone right in the middle of the event.

Phil, if you were serious about getting your company in, you might be able to. Everything is up in the air this year since traditional locations that people have used for years don't exist. We moved outside to get a better location under cover since we couldn't fit the trailer and truck inside the building we were going to be in. Who knows what options might still exist.

Should be interesting nonetheless. It's still said to be the biggest event on he West Coast.

John90XJ said:
Phil, if you were serious about getting your company in, you might be able to. Everything is up in the air this year since traditional locations that people have used for years don't exist. We moved outside to get a better location under cover since we couldn't fit the trailer and truck inside the building we were going to be in. Who knows what options might still exist.

Boss didn't want to fiddle with it, so we're not going. ;)

I think I'll have to make the trip. At least the Canadian Dollar is getting stronger.

I'll be going for sure. Last year was my first ever there and it was alot of fun. Couldn't believe how big the turn out was but I'm real interested in seeing how it goes with the remodeling project happening.

Back