• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Called Local Dealership

Silent

NAXJA Forum User
So, I call local dealership, and ask about plugs, wires, cap, rotor.
I asked about Mopar wires. Did not have any. Asked about plugs, just Champion Copper. When asked about rotor and cap. No Mopar. Nothing Mopar. Need help. What should I get.

James

Just go and get them, dealer is going to have them. The only exception might be the Mopar high performance wires. Those are special order and about $10 cheaper than the stock wires, no clue why they are cheaper, they just are...

Even though the plugs are the same Chapion Copper number as Napa, VatoZone, etc, they aren't the same. My stealership plugs always last longer than any I buy from a parts store. Don't know why.

Couldn't tell you why they're cheaper either, When I bought the MPP "804" "performance injectors" for my Lebaron, a package of 4 of those actually cost half of what buying stock replacement MP injectors, about $130 for the MPP 4 pack vs $60 a pop for stock from the same parts guy at the same dealer.

Also, when referring to CHampion, are we talking Champion Copper PLus, Champion Truck, or just plain ole Champions?

I'm pretty sure they are ALL copper now unless they are plats...

Silent said:
So, I call local dealership, and ask about plugs, wires, cap, rotor.
I asked about Mopar wires. Did not have any. Asked about plugs, just Champion Copper. When asked about rotor and cap. No Mopar. Nothing Mopar. Need help. What should I get.

James

the dealer is only going to carry what the truck came from the factory with. Performance stuff is usually special order. Came with copper plugs, so thats what they list and what they have in stock. As far as better quality... its a toss up, I have heard that the dealerships get "A" quality stuff, where the aftermarkets get "B" and "C" quality stuff. I worked at dealers and aftermarket and cant say if its true or not.

Back