• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not shifting, its electrical.

luvdaxj

NAXJA Forum User
91 xj, 4.0HO AW4 NP231. My jeep is not shifting out of first. It won't manually shift. I can tach out the engine and it will shift. Which made me think TPS, but I changed that and no luck. Could I have moisture in the connection? The tranny fluid is red and doesn't smell burnt. I'm pretty sure its electrical. I let the jeep sit for about 2 months without running it. When I started it up today and took it out, it shifted fine. I parked it for about 10 min, jumped back in and it no longer shifted. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Its really wearing out my patience. Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem. But when i replaced the tps, mine shifted fine. But on my other jeep, i let mine sit over summer and first part of winter, and i replaced all the sensors and then used wire dry on everything. So my advice would be to buy a can of wire dry and go crazy. Good luck

Back