• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coax routing, and FireRing question

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I've got my Cobra installed, but havent hooked up the ant. or coax yet as I have a few questions.

I've got the mount that bolts on above the rear taillight. I just ordered a FireRing cox cable, and I dont know how it is affixed to the mount. I know it slips around the mount, but does it come with the bolt to secure it in, or is that something I'll need top pickup at the local Bolt and Nut store?

Also, how did you route your coax for your CB? Through body panels on the inside or what?

Also, I can't seem to find a 3A blade fuse. Do they exist or am I not looking hard enough.

Thanks

Fergie

Fergie said:
Okay, I've got my Cobra installed, but havent hooked up the ant. or coax yet as I have a few questions.

I've got the mount that bolts on above the rear taillight. I just ordered a FireRing cox cable, and I dont know how it is affixed to the mount. I know it slips around the mount, but does it come with the bolt to secure it in, or is that something I'll need top pickup at the local Bolt and Nut store?

Also, how did you route your coax for your CB? Through body panels on the inside or what?

Also, I can't seem to find a 3A blade fuse. Do they exist or am I not looking hard enough.

Thanks

Fergie
I ordered the mount and cable at the same time, and the bolt came with it somewhere...
I routed the coax behind the panel near the spare tire location, under the rear seat, across to the passenger seat, and coiled the remainder there near the radio.

i used my antenna as a wire fish so i didnt have to pull all the pannels off. I ran it down the passenger side the whole way till the door opening, then pulled off the door lower panel (inside) and the kick panel. all my extra cable is behind the passenger kick pannel. (i only have 2 doors)

But i didnt order a cable, i made mine with a new crimped end anyway - it may be a littile harder than that for you with the CB coax end on there...

XJ_ranger said:
it may be a littile harder than that for you with the CB coax end on there...
hopefully, the connector isn't soldered on there yet. it sounds like billr and i got he same kit. i got the bracket and coax all at the same time in a kit. and the kit came with the bolt. hopefully it'll be in the mail with his other stuff. if not, i don't think it's anything special that you couldn't pick up at a fastener store.

as for running the wires, i ran mine up the back pillar all the way to the a-pillar then down under the steering wheel and to the box. i ran it this way cause i ran my amp wires on the bottom.

The 5a fuse will be fine.

2A and 3A blade fuses are out there. It took me 3 shops to find them. I think I found 'em at Pep Boys.

My CB is mounted between my visor, so the cable is run through the space between the headliner and roof.

Back