• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1462 Leaf Springs install

LawlessXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished-up installing my RE 5.5 XD tonite. Tightened the u-bolts down on the 1462's and noticed that the center pin through the perch is pressed against the axle tube and holding the packs off the perch by about 3/8 of an inch. :banghead:

Just currious, anyone else with these packs run into that? Looks like they're coming back off for a little grinding.

Just when you think you've got it licked....

I just got mine two weeks ago.They had a "secondary spacer" that needs to be removed if your not needing any axle shims.That seem pretty unlikely so check your angles!

lawless, I really think you'll like the metrics. I'm running MTRs in that size and am really happy with them. Here's two quick pics, didn't mean to hi-jack.....

front%20flex.jpg

street%20with%2033s.jpg

Ary

understandeable. I got lucky, a friend of mine gave me a set of 265/75 16 BFG ATs in almost new condition the last time I was lookin for tires, and so I bought the 16s(cheaper than a set of tires) and then I naturally moved up to the 285s when the time came. Peace

Ary

Back