• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running the uniball joints

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was getting ready to order my superflex joints from www.polyperformance.com for my long arms and noticed the uniball joints anyone run them or heard of them? i am gonna be running them on the axle end and running rubber bushings on the frame end

assuming you're doing radius style longarms, you are talking about doing it exactly wrong. you want the joints to be at the frame end where there is the most twist. you want the bushings to be at the axle end so that the radius arm doesn't bind.

BrettM said:
assuming you're doing radius style longarms, you are talking about doing it exactly wrong. you want the joints to be at the frame end where there is the most twist. you want the bushings to be at the axle end so that the radius arm doesn't bind.

????????????????? i kinda figure theres more twist at the axle end than the frame end, my superflex short arms have the rubicon express joint at the axle and the bushing at the frame end.

RE puts the rubber at the frame end(lca's only) for sound/ride purposes.Their uca's are at the frame end because they didnt have a choice(at the time)!

joe88xj said:
????????????????? i kinda figure theres more twist at the axle end than the frame end, my superflex short arms have the rubicon express joint at the axle and the bushing at the frame end.
If you are doing radius style arms there is almost(if any) twist on the axle side. Its all at the frame end.

joe88xj said:
i don't feel like explaining why there is twist at the frame and not at the axle. instead either trust me (and Dr. Moab that just chimed in) or look at all the companies making radius arm setups (RE, Clayton, Rusty's, etc) and you will notice they all use a joint at the frame and bushings at the axle. there is a reason.

BrettM said:
i don't feel like explaining why there is twist at the frame and not at the axle. instead either trust me (and Dr. Moab that just chimed in) or look at all the companies making radius arm setups (RE, Clayton, Rusty's, etc) and you will notice they all use a joint at the frame and bushings at the axle. there is a reason.

OMG. I'm actually going to agree with this youngster.

Gawd help me.

CRASH

I've been thinkin about it and i get it the twist is at the frame since there is only 1 arm on each side attached to frame, at the axle theres 2 arms on each side and naturally they wont twist as much as the end with a single pair. or rather they frame end will trist better than the axle end cause your only twistin 2 arms and not 4 like at the axle end.

Back