• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Lighting Problem

k9lowe

NAXJA Member #1135
Well I saw all the help that was give to the jeeper with the key off amp problem so here is one for ya. I am trying to get my Xj street legal and everytime the light switch is turned on for the headlights it blows the fuse for the parking and running lights. I have replaced the switch itself with no help. Any help on what else to check.

What year XJ?

If older, one of the sockets may have gone bad and shorted internally. Try removing ALL the parking light and brake light bulbs, then turn on the headlights and see if the fuse still blows. If not, turn off the headlights, replace one bulb, and try again. If a socket is the problem, this may isolate the bad one.

Do you have an aftermarket stero installed? If you do....I have seen people wire them up wrong. I have seen the wire for the lights in the factory stero be used as a ground because it does not have power on it when the lights are off.

Ed

Back