• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Gods

luvdaxj

NAXJA Forum User
A little info first, 91 xj vac. disco dana 30.
I will be replacing U-joints in my dana 30. I plan on pulling shafts to do it. Will the vac. disco interfere with removing shafts? I was wondering if I will need to replace any seals when I do this? If you have any other helpful info for doing this it would be appreciated. I work for a shop so tools won't be a problem. Thankyou for the help.

i dont know if the vac disconnect will give you any problems with removal of the shafts but i dont think it will. on a non vac disconnect d 30 there are no seals that need to be replaced when removing the shafts unless you pull apart teh differential and replace teh two inner seals. if you are keeping the dif together then just pull them out. if i were you and you xj has alot of miles i would change the hubs too. it makes a great difference in noise, ride, turning, and safety.

Back