• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i may seem crazy but

Cupcake

NAXJA Member #1377
today while driving in the rain to work i was thinking....there are plenty of things i would love to do to my xj but one popped in my head today and it wont seem to leave me alone now this is what i was thinking....

you know how on those prerunner trucks they flare the front end on it. my question is would it be possible to flare the front end of an xj i have thought about it and it would be different and maybe would like to give it a try on my xj if you know anyone that can do that kind of custom front end work or a place to get the fiber glass flares it would be great

has anyone else ever thought of this or seen what it looks like let me know

Hennamen makes fiber glass fenders for the XJ for the Jeepspeed crowd... Kinda pricey.... they are available. I know that other companies like T&J performance carry them.

T&J Performance
Kartek
maybe even Currie

The flared fiberglass fenders are cool, but just like Bushwackers if you crack em they're done with it.

I think T&J's cost $300 or something like that. I like the look of em too. Maybe build a mini or full exo cage around the fenders to try and protect them?

Not crazy at all

kev0 said:
you know how on those prerunner trucks they flare the front end on it. my question is would it be possible to flare the front end of an xj i have thought about it and it would be different and maybe would like to give it a try on my xj if you know anyone that can do that kind of custom front end work or a place to get the fiber glass flares it would be great

has anyone else ever thought of this or seen what it looks like let me know
There are at least 4 different styles of front glass for cherokees, here are a few.

Check out these pics
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blazair51/album?.dir=ea77

and some of the threads on JU.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5270464#post5270464

I've seen that before, but would it work on a unibody or the front end of something that well?

i believe rusty's sells the fiberglass flared front fenders as well.

Back