• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift Q's

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Dumb question I know how to measure lift height on a stock xj but what happens when ya got no centercaps and no stock flares as in cut up way high for tj flares???? I had my rear springs redone( they turned out good) and switched out my rustys 3" coils for RE 3.5" coils and it did good for the first run after that it sagged a little in the front..Ive got a protofab winch bumper up front and I suspect a rather generous amount of lift in the back 5+" but I want to make sure for both front and back...Any ideas???
let me know
I was just gonna put my other .75" spacer back in and hope the rear doesnt settle too much..

ok, try this:

The centercaps shouldn't matter. You're just gonna measure from the center of the wheel. Now, with no flares, hacked fenders, etc: measure straight up to the window sill (rear). Then measure the same distance on a stock XJ. The difference is your lift height. For the front a smilar technique will work (measure to the top of the hood or whatever's directly above the center of the wheel). Keep in mind that if your tape measure is not exactly perpindicular (did I spell that right?) to the ground it will be measuring a little too high. However the difference should be negligible. Make sense?

Back