• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle

TroyAndEddie

NAXJA Forum User
Gotta question. What would be damaged if a person was driving their Jeep around in part time 4x4 for months? That's what the previous owner was doing, and I get this vibrating clunking in the front area everytime I brake. I know the brakes are good because I checked them out today --calipers, pads, rotors...all good. Would it just be the bearings or something more that was damaged?

passably he broke the front axial.

Well, it's strange, because I drive it just fine, gives me no problems driving it, or when I put it in 4x4, full time or part time. I just get the clunking when I brake, and I get a click from the wheel hub area when I accelerate from a stop.

i guess if its a 242 it wouldnt nec. hurt the Tcase.. .i may be wrong though... as i have a 231.....somebody else should jumo in here.... so.. heres a bump for ya....

Back