• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fog light wiring question

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I'm taking a factory switch and using it to my aftermarket fog lights and secondary driving lights.
Right now they're wired directly to the battery, one being fused and one not. Through research of what's best, I"m putting in the factory relays to use on them independently of course, but need to know how it wires up properly. Anyone know how to do this?

I have the pigtail and the switch. The wires are black, green, and green.black. The wires on the relay part are red, black, green/black.
How do these wire up to the lights? I want to use the pilot light on the factory switches, so I know when the lights are on or not.

thanks!
cykaaro

Mostly sure....

switch
-------------------------
BLK - ground
GRN - 12 V
GRN/BLK - to relay coil

relay
-------------------------------
(30)RED - 12 V feed for lamp
(87)GRN - switched feed to lamps

(88) GRN - grn/blk from switch
(86) BLK -ground

Lou said:
relay
-------------------------------
(30)RED - 12 V feed for lamp
(87)GRN - switched feed to lamps

(88) GRN - grn/blk from switch
(86) BLK -ground
OOOPS!
(85) GRN - grn/blk from switch

Thanks for all the help with this. Completed the project this morning succesfully. Initially had a problem but didn't have time to really get into it, so just pulled it and went back at it last night, and installed it this morning. Will post what I did with pics if anyone is interested. I'm quite pleased how it came out.

padraic

Back