• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too good to be true?

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Just came across this and seems a little to good to be true but can see the principle involved. I take it the older you discs the more you would get a benefit. Basically it is just an air dampner for your brake line.

Brake Dynamix™ is scientifically engineered to deliver up to 80% better braking performance !

Brake Dynamix™; what is it ?

Brake Dynamix™ is a set of two pre-pressurised hydrodynamic accumulators, each about the size of an egg, that function as powerful suspension and shock-absorbers for the brakes' hydraulic system, which are fitted under the bonnet or hood and deal with the major problems of standard hydraulic brakes; namely disc thickness variations and hot spots, which are also the underlying cause of vehicle judder.

When these inevitable 'irregularities' are dealt with, there is a sudden and dramatic jump in braking efficiency, producing some staggering performance enhancing benefits that can be experienced by the driver of any vehicle equipped with standard hydraulic brakes, with or without ABS.

What Brake Dynamix™ does

Brake Dynamix™ conforms the vehicle's standard hydraulic brake system to a high performance air-over-hydraulics hybrid-system; elevating its efficiency from anywhere between 40% and 70% into the 90% range..........

Brake Dynamix™ equalises and modulates the hydraulic pressures by filtering subsonic pressure spikes; improving the brake system's stopping power by up to 80%............

Brake Dynamix™ performs immediately over the entire range of hydraulic pressures induced into the vehicle’s brake system as soon as the brakes are applied..........

Brake Dynamix™ cushions the hydraulic system; which restrains vehicle judder and premature wheel lock-up while extending the life of the brakes by up to a staggering 120%..........

Brake Dynamix™ generates a firmer brake-pedal feel with more ergonomic brake-pedal control at any moment in time; all the time

The Brake Dynamix™ regulators are plug-in accessories that do not interfere with the standard hydraulic brake system configuration and will not void new car warranty..........

The break-through Brake Dynamix™ technology produces optimum performance of the brakes all the time and has a lifetime unlimited kilometre transferable warranty* ............

Brake Dynamix™ is not ABS

Hydraulic brake system improvements can be found in the presence of anti-lock braking systems (ABS). These relatively expensive and complex systems are however only activated when one or more wheels are impending wheel lock-up and do nothing for the majority of the times the brakes are applied. ABS systems are designed to assist you in maintaining steering control during an emergency braking situation. ABS does not necessarily stop a vehicle in a shorter distance than ordinary brakes

Vehicle judder as a consequence of disc thickness variations and hot spots is a safety hazard and is of major concern to vehicle manufacturers worldwide. ABS does not deal with this major safety issue, whereas Brake Dynamix™ does. Brake Dynamix™ combined with your ABS provides optimum achievable braking performance from your brake system.

The Brake Dynamix™ regulator specification

The pre-pressurised Brake Dynamix™ hydrodynamic regulators are specified to resist 42 MPa (6,000 psig) burst pressure and are engineered to filter subsonic pressure spikes up to a frequency of 1,600 Hz, while modulating the fluctuations in hydraulic pressure up to 12 MPa (1,800 psig). The Brake Dynamix™ regulators with their associated connectors meet SAE, ISO and DIN Standards and adhere to Australian Design Rules ADR 31/00 and ADR 35/00 for hydraulic brake systems

More info here:
http://www.brakedynamix.com/

What do you guys think?

Gojeep said:
Just came across this and seems a little to good to be true but can see the principle involved. I take it the older you discs the more you would get a benefit. Basically it is just an air dampner for your brake line.

What do you guys think?

Well there are such things in use in other hydraulic systems. I turned up this quote that kinda simplifies the concept a bit.

"Accumulators use incompressible fluid and a compressed gas, spring or raised mass to store potential energy. Accumulators are used in fluid power systems to store energy, absorb shock, and maintain system pressure."

But will it provide a noticable rusult in a real world brake system? It seems to me that the rubber brake lines would provide less force than the gas, negating the effect of the unit. Maybe you'd have to go to all metal lines?

Well, the rubber lines are braided. They don't just blow up like a balloon. They really don't stretch as much as the stainless-braided brake line manufacturers lead you to believe.

Jared:patriot:

creeperjeep said:
Why dont you just not bleed your brakes, cushion of air in the lines to make it not lock up
Because this wouldn't be air in the lines, it's a reservoir that basically tee's to the line. The air pocket is sealed from the fluid.

The concept makes since, although the results giving in Gojeeps post do almost apear too good to be true.

I'm going to the site linked in Gojeeps post to read some more. (I went there before, but got distracted by something!)

Daryl

Bent said:
Well there are such things in use in other hydraulic systems. I turned up this quote that kinda simplifies the concept a bit.

"Accumulators use incompressible fluid and a compressed gas, spring or raised mass to store potential energy. Accumulators are used in fluid power systems to store energy, absorb shock, and maintain system pressure."

But will it provide a noticable rusult in a real world brake system? It seems to me that the rubber brake lines would provide less force than the gas, negating the effect of the unit. Maybe you'd have to go to all metal lines?

It's in the same boat as a counterbalancing valve. There to assist in load, but also there to assist in smooth operation, where no damage will be done to any components. I say, don't waste your money.

Looks to me like they know their stuff...
index2.jpg

:rolleyes:

What exactly is "vehicle judder"? Why does it need to be restrained?

mowlasley said:
What exactly is "vehicle judder"? Why does it need to be restrained?

jud·der ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (j
ubreve.gif
d
prime.gif
schwa.gif
r)
intr.v. jud·dered, jud·der·ing, jud·ders
To shake rapidly or spasmodically; vibrate conspicuously: “Edith would watch her wrestling with words, her thin little body juddering with the effort to unlock them” (Anita Brookner).
n.
A rapid or spasmodic shaking.

[Perhaps j(erk)[size=-1]1[/size] + (sh)udder.]

JEONLYEP said:
Yep, I've been to the site several times, and still haven't figured out the product. Just keep getting distracted!?

sm_product_brochure.jpg

Edith ???
Daryl

It sounds more like a scam to steal your money and stop you from feeling pedal vibrations from your warped rotors. When in reality, you could replace your toasted rotors and see more improvements. Why cover up a problem when you could just fix it?

Accumulators are used just as they say. Will it make a difference? No! If it did manufactures would be putting them in your car already. There are already accumulators in your transmission, because it makes a difference there. The accumultors in your tranny are there to slow down the pressure in effect. So when a valve opens, you don't just get slammed into gear and jerked around. The accumulator slows down the pressure build-up so you get a nice smooth shift. Now think what that would mean in your braking system. You slam on the brakes because a little kid runs out in front of you. But wait instead of getting a panic stop, you get a nice slow smooth stop, meanwhile the kid is now in your mirror covered in blood laying in the road. (that might be a little dramatic, but you get the idea)

Last edited:
Wil Badger said:
i'd have to say any product for a car that uses a girl to make you stare at their page isn't worth the money

And a girl that Jes is attracted to at that.........judder indeed.

How much are they? Google and the man. website turned up nothing.

Back