• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

78 wagoneer D44 donor

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
just picked up this D44 of a wayy I knowits a 6 on 5.5 patern
not sure of the gear raito cause its so dirty
now I come to find out that it may not be directly centered??
Is it still Ok to use??
also should I grab anything of the pass side drop D44 in front ...like axles or hubs??

the rear should be centered and I would get them both and swap them in, you have to get new wheels buts thats not a big deal the hard part will be mounting all the bracketry on the front axle unless you go to leafs....They got one at the wrecking yard they want 200 for it everytime I walk by my money almost jumps out of my pocket...Im sure others will chime in with more knowlage than me..
themud

themud said:
the rear should be centered and I would get them both and swap them in, you have to get new wheels buts thats not a big deal the hard part will be mounting all the bracketry on the front axle unless you go to leafs....They got one at the wrecking yard they want 200 for it everytime I walk by my money almost jumps out of my pocket...Im sure others will chime in with more knowlage than me..
themud
74-79 rears are not centered,80+ are and so are pre 74's but pre 74's are 5 on 5.5.
The front will be pass side they didnt go driver side till late 79.
OlyWa

Back