• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best 3.5"-4.5" lift kit.

RE superride or superflex with full packs. Nets 4 inches all around and rides like a cadillac. Good flex and not too expensive. (500-700) bucks depending on setup.

I third RE. You can order everything from there website. Including a selection of shocks. I would get the full leaf packs, no sag and it's easier when you go highier.
James

If one were to buy a 3.5 RE and in a year or two go higher(oh say 6.5" LA) would it be better to buy adaleaf or go with the leaf pack? I guess what im asking is is there a difference between the 3.5 leaf pack and the 6.5 leaf pack?

~Mike (the noobiest)

Best Places to buy:

DPG or www.DC4WD.com (where I got mine).

Even though every vehicle is different? Set some cash aside for a SYE. I ordered my SYE and new driveshaft from Tom Woods. If everything else goes smooth, my XJ will be back on the road, Sat.

Jason

people lift these things?

i drive to the mall....

if your gonna go higher in a year or two, save your money and do it once, lift once, gear once.

if you need to play now, get a locker and buy a simple used lift, stick with 31's. buying used you can usually sell used and not loose any money when you do decide to go big.

I played hard on 31's and a locker, sold my lift for what i had in it.

I'm new to this and have probably read 100 threads on three boards about lifting XJs in the past 3 weeks.

In general Rubicon Express has a "top" consensus. Other brands have fans too, of course.

Just remember, from what I've read, the lift itself may not be where the cost is. I figure plan what you want to do, plan a budget, and work up to it.

The factors I'm considering myself (in same situation as you) are:

- Go 4.5 early on as an investment.
- Go with high quality SYE and CV shaft

This means a few others paths to consider.

- Wait for full budget to run 32"s and regear to 4.56?
- Run 31"s on stock tires for several months to save up and regear?
- When in the budget do the skids, rock rails and recovery come in, because if I don't do those early, my trails will be limited to cream puff type activities (like flex photos in someone front yard <grin>)?

So to me, it's much more than the lift brand name, and how much they are....

In my case, I am looking for good deals on the Recovery and skid plates. I wait for good sales or used items I can repaint. I would collect recovery equipment before you even start a lift. If you go with a group, such as our NW NAXJA guys, they don't care as much if you are lifted and coved. Everyone there just wants to have a good time. But the do care that all of the recovery equipment is in the vehicle.

Just picked up used: OME934 Coils
OMERear Packs
OMEJXCL(AAL)
OMEFront Stabalizer
BDS Shocks(4)
RE LCA(SuperRide)
8.25 U Bolts
.75" Spring Spacer

Excellent bushings/condition on/in everything, ready to install upon delivery=$550.00
-JKS tbar=$204 (Dirk)
-RE Gen II discos=$60
-JKS BPE=$55 (overpaid, i know)
=$869.00

I was set on RE SuperRide w/ full packs,shocks, and it was close if not over what I paid for this setup. It's been almost a year now since I've decided that I was going to lift it, but being in college, paying for everything, I had to save enough money, so I figured do it right the first time. RE kits are great, but this is an example of what you can find used if you sit on it awhile. Already got 30's on it, plenty of life for awhile, then maybe put in a shackle/bigger spacer and fit some 32's if i got money to regear then.

*Some may say I overpaid for this setup, but I just couldn't wait for an OME after riding in my buddies, used or not :cheers:

well if my other xj doesn't sell i'm swapping it's lift over to the 96. it's only a rusty's 3" with there trak bar and there h-d tie rod and flowmaster muffler.

I have a 01' XJ that I bought 3 weeks ago. I already put remote start and an alarm in it for $400. I'm in college and now i have a payment for my jeep so im somewhat strapped for $. Goodnews is im selling my Blazer and getting a nice tax return, so i want to lift my jeep, but keep it as a DD. I'm thinking 31's with a 3.5" would be nice.
1) With that lift and those size tires, do i have to take off the fenders?
2) Anyone know of a good site that i can buy used lifts at?

I run a 3 inch BDS lift full kit with lower control arms I love the ride and the warrenty the price was pretty good came with shocks, full spring packs, drop pitman arm , t-case lowering kit and a tracbar relocation bracket I threw that out and put in a Pro Comp tracbar the ride is awesome the flex is good I have 0 bumpsteer or death wobble. the rear is a little stiff but you can put a lot of weight in it before it sags. Just my 2 cents

Back