• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Krawlers on the 30

YETI

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running the 35" Krawlers on the 30? Are they a sheet load heavier than the 35" mtrs?

Sorry for the Stoopid questions.

Just curious.

after reading the Ultimate Adventure article and just hearing general consensus on the krawlers, it's not that the tires are too heavy but more so that they get wwwaaaaayyyyyy too much traction and the resulting stress that has on the axle is too much for a lot of axles to bear. they cost a bloody fortune, but look awesome and will grab onto anything, though unless you're going to put them on your trailer queen with D60s f/r, I wouldn't buy them. Also depends on where you're going to be wheeling. Why not just do some Iroks or other Swapmer. Also I've heard about the Maxxis Creepy Crawler but haven't seen them on any rigs. That tire looks just as beefy if not more than the BFG krawler and prob will cost less.

YETI said:
Guess I should expand on the topic. IS it because of the price or that there is too much traction? Maybe quick wear?

Price--yes
Traction--yes
Wear quick--yes

There is the red (competition) and blue (retail) label. I know the red label Crawlers wear very quick are a very bad choice for a vehicle spending any time on the street. The blue label has better manners, but still you don't want to wear down a tire as expensive as the Crawler on the street anyways red or blue label. The JP review of the Crawler blue label was very good and it did give it a 3 out of 4 stars for road driving. If it came down to deciding on a street/rock tire a GY MTR is the champ here.
Troy

Back