• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearing

slowrider

NAXJA Forum User
It's too late for me to change my axle build but I'm wondering if I made a huge mistake in gearing. I read several articles and used the math provided to retain the stock ratio after converting to my desired tire size (35's) and the math came out to 4.43 and I went to 4.56's partially because I allready owned a set of 4.56's and a powerlock for the D44. Now reading everyones opinions on gears I'm seeing allmost everyone say 4.88. Help me out and educate me why the magazines and my build are wrong so I can find a fix.

Not a huge problem. If you already have them in run them for a while and see if you like it. If you hate it enough to change it all again then have at it.

another thing that isnt acounted for is the weight of the vehicle.... the gear ratio charts show the ratio for a stock rig.... is your rig stock? how much do you think bumpers, skids & a winch weighs?
i think upwards of 400-500lbs..... so ya.. add another 500 lbs + whatever your new tires will weigh to your rig weight.... thats why people on here say lower (numerically higher) that and you crawl slower ;)

Back