• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What xj parts from a 96 4.0 zj?

92AKXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My BIL totalled his 96 4.0 ZJ (he didn't get hurt). What do I want for my 92, 4.0, AX-15, np231, non-abs 35, basically stock XJ? I've done some searching, and I'm thinking axle shafts (297?), rear disc stuff, master cylider & prop valve. What else?

Any differences in the 4.0? Intake & TB?

I'll search some more, but I need to let him know what I want soon.

Last edited:
Just take the whole thing and figure out what you want later. :D (i dont know.... sorry) Maybe the coils? can't they be used on your xj to lift the front end? RE uses the 4.5" zj coils to lift xjs 5.5" right? so i assume that the stock coils could give you some lift. I really dont know. hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon. definatly the disc brake parts though i know that.... 95% sure. haha.

i agree just atke it all

the long block will interchange as well as the intake most of the accessories will but the brackets will not.

The Master cylinder will not directly but if you find a 96 xj Dual diagrahm booster then the ZJ master cyl. will bolt on (wich is what you want with the rear zj brakes)

depending on the transfer case it may interchange

all the front suspension brakes and drivetrain will interchange except possible the shafts (if it is full time some ZJ's had cv axle shafts instead of u-joints.

the transmission will not interchange the zj's run 42re autos where as the xj's run AW4 autos

the wiring CONECTORS will interchange as will most of the sensors vut the computer and wiring harness itself will not.

very little of the interior will interchange the shift handles and maybe front seats

That's all i can think of tonight
Dingo

Thanks-

I was thinking about the XJ booster, and mis-typed. I think it's mostly the disc conversion stuff I'll take. I don't have time/space to pull the motor, can't use the tranny, and don't have a need for the 242. I bet he does have cv's. I'll have him send me some pics of the damage.

Thanks again!

Would it have the bent lcas?

I think the Bent LCA's are only on the new WJ's

You could be the guinuea pig and see if the ZJ booster will fit an xj.

Dingo

Back