• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a 2" lift on a '97+ need a SYE?

nosajwp

NAXJA Forum User
I'm considering the OME 2" lift with new front and rear springs. Would I need to get a SYE for this kit?

Did any of you '97+ guys with 2" lifts, OME or otherwise, get a SYE or shim your rear axle?

Yes, No, Maybe, Some do, Most don't. hope that is clear enough.

Like 2offroad said. All XJs are different. I had a 3" lift and had no vibes at all. But when I went up to 5-6" it vibrated bad. The SYE and new double carden driveshaft fixed that problem. Do the lift and if you get some vibes you can alway try a tcase drop first to see if that helps. Not the best thing to do but if you're not gonna be wheelin much (as it would seem with only a 2" lift) it probaly won't hurt anything.

nosajwp said:
I'm considering the OME 2" lift with new front and rear springs. Would I need to get a SYE for this kit?

Did any of you '97+ guys with 2" lifts, OME or otherwise, get a SYE or shim your rear axle?

I'm going to do a SYE and CV driveshaft on my 93XJ with a 2.5" BB. I can't get the thing to stop vibing regardless of what shims I use. The springs wrap too much to keep the pinion angle in the ideal spot. I can get it to not vibe on the freeway, but then it vibes under load and vise-versa! It's already been said though that it all depends on the rig for sure. A CV/SYE setup should cure the issue if there is one.:)

FUNKYTEE5

Back