• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to think about bump stops...

trailxj

NAXJA Forum User
well as you can see in the pic, its time to rethink my bumpstops and do a little more trimming. I have tried 2 hockey pucks glued together, then glued to the 2" bumpstop thats in there, but they keep breaking apart and either coming out of the coil..or getting stuck in the coil. perhaps its the glue im using? what are people using that use hockey pucks and they stay in there?

ive also looked at these new slick bumpstops from jks...but they are a bit too spendy.. http://www.jksmfg.com/adjustable_bumpstops.htm

I am going to trim another 1.5" to 2" off the fender as well as come up with some sort of bumpstop extension.

what kind of stuff do you guys use..that works and stays in the coil?

in this pic, there is actuall another 1.5" of fender below the crease that is bent under by the tire..so that definatly has to go, along with a bunch just forward of the door..

full_stuff.jpg

ah...now that is a good idea...put the pucks under the original bumpstop. Its always the most simple answer that is overlooked...

i have those dpg rear ones..those rule. the rear stuff and stops perfectly..

Similar to GottaBeJeep, I ended up drilling a 3/8 hole through my hockey pucks and spring pad, but I used a nyloc nut on the end rather than tapping the spring pad for threads. It's tough getting the nut in from underneath on the passenger side, but it eliminates the possibility of the threads getting stripped on the spring pad.

What about the longer bumpstop that is at the top in the coil tower? Atre you running a longer one there as well or still the factory one?

-Mike

I kinda went gottabejeep's route, but i just drilled a hole in the coil pad, and welded on a nut. Then I used 3/4" threaded rod with one bumpstop/hockey puck attached to the end of it. I have aboput 8" of adjustability whenever I want it. The only problem I have now is the coil pad is slightly bending, it's not strong enough by itself. I just need to weld some reinforcements on it for a quick fix, and it should be set. _nicko_

Back