• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering Pump Agr

elephantrider1

NAXJA Forum User
my power steering pump leaks like crazy i dont know what happend but im thinking of going with a agr pump and ive heard some stuff about a steering gearbox brace what will this help inform me please

So to clarify... Are you asking about what effect will swapping your old gear box for the AGR or are you asking about what effect a steering brace will have?...My advice is to do these three as in conjunction will give a more responsive feel to your steering..

1) AGR box
2) Steering box brace
3) Frame bracing

For the steering box brace nearly all that are available are identicle...I haven't seen too much of a difference. I chose Rusty's.

For frame bracing I would recomed c-rok as thier kit is fairly inexpensive and makes a huge difference with your steering

www.c-rok.com

All three will make your xj slightly more responsive

elephantrider1 said:
my power steering pump leaks like crazy i dont know what happend but im thinking of going with a agr pump and ive heard some stuff about a steering gearbox brace what will this help inform me please
Unless you want another box that leaks, stay away from AGR's products, nothing but junk. Do a search and you will see AGR has some quailty issues.
Here's the box I run and have not had any issues with, PSC - Extreme Steering Components

pair8hd said:
Unless you want another box that leaks, stay away from AGR's products, nothing but junk. Do a search and you will see AGR has some quailty issues.
Here's the box I run and have not had any issues with, PSC - Extreme Steering Components

Yeah i heard trhe same thing, the guy that runs/owns PSC, used to own AGR. This predates me modifying my XJ and i have no experience with either but the new ownership at AGR has really dropped the ball since he sold the company. I have links but can't find them ... dang :rattle:

Have AGR and leaks. Suggest :
1 Steering box brace
2 Frame brace
3 '99 Durango steering box
4 Replacement pump
5 Factory pulley from Jeep
6 New hoses and o-rings

This will amaze you how well this works, beats my AGR set-up,
with one-third the cost. Do search, good luck.

Back