• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yah i know not again but i want to know

what is better lockright or E-Z locker

• LockRight

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • E-Z Locker

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
yah i know not again but i want to know locker "Q"

ok ok i used the search, so don't tell me to do that, and no i'm not no little high school kid. ok now that i got that out of the way WHAT IS BETTER LOCKRIGHT OR E-Z LOCKER. i have read so much on both. it looks like lockright is a little better, but e-z is by a better company. ok guys lets hear what you have to say

Last edited:
Aussie Locker, no tire limits and suposedly stronger than the lock right. I have one in the front running 35's and have had no problems at all.

I use a lockrite, no problems and I beat up on it pretty hard.

I say go with the Ford 8.8.
As you know 33"s will fit with a 3.5" lift.
Not to mention, the Bushwackers are far superior to Rusty's flares.
Personally, I would run 4.88s, because we all know a D35 won't handle 35"s.
Just make sure you get adjustable upper control arms.
Did I mention, Ladywolf is in the Army?

Edit: I almost forgot, Swampers are much better for mud than MT/R's.

Okie Terry said:

umm i'm not sure what u are talking about. i have the 8.8 with an 8 inch lift with 33s, swampers. i just want to know whats the best locker just got taxes back looking to buy

diabloxj said:
umm i'm not sure what u are talking about. i have the 8.8 with an 8 inch lift with 33s, swampers. i just want to know whats the best locker just got taxes back looking to buy
Sorry.

Yes the Rock Trac will bolt right in.

Okie Terry said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You cannot get an accurate answer, because very few if any of our members have run both of those lockers and thus they can't tell you which is better. Both are "lunchbox" lockers and only as strong as the OEM carrier. Take your pick.

Okie Terry said:
Sorry.

Yes the Rock Trac will bolt right in.

Can I twin-stick that?
Will I need an SYE, or can I just drop the t-case mount?
Any 'clearancing' necessary in the tunnel?
My friend has a twin-turbo Supra motor, and it pulls strong at low RPMs.
Being that it also has a version of the AW4 tranny, this motor should bolt right up, correct?
How much shipped straight up your arse?

Last edited:
Six of one, half dozen of the other...

So... You are not a "high school kid", yet you come on OUR club tech forums looking for the "best deal?" on a freakin lunchbox 30 locker? Like you are going to get it?

How many lollipops in picture A?

How many lollipops in picture B?

It amazes me why folks line up & subject themselves to it when SO many folks have been before.

Research & read! You isn't a gnu! Make your own choices like a free-thinking human being. Just don't ask for the 'best' deal without some dues paid.

I've run the private labeled version of the Trac-Loc called the Quick-Loc. It is exactly the same, even down to the casting numbers. It's been OK. I hear lots of good info on the Aussie, but no experience.

Searching will yield a ton of info. Not knowing your rig, I will make a blanket statement. Lockers are needed when one wheel is not getting traction. The biggest reason for no traction around here with the type of wheeling we do, is lack of flex. Spend the money on being able to keep all 4 tires on the ground first, then worry about a locker. Having said that, my feeling is that putting a lot of money into a D30 is a waste, so I bought the cheapest set of lockers I could lay my hands on. I have run them for a couple of years. Would an ARB be nice, yes. Would I waste it on a D30, no.

old_man said:
I've run the private labeled version of the Trac-Loc called the Quick-Loc.

Quick-Loc is Genuine Gear's answer to the Lockright or the EZ Locker...

I broke TWO in my rear 44 because the design of it is/was flawed.

i was wondering if you are able to drive a rig on the street with a lockright locker in the rear?

i wonder if breaking axles around corners is a problem or not.

thanks

IUPxj94 said:
i was wondering if you are able to drive a rig on the street with a lockright locker in the rear?

i wonder if breaking axles around corners is a problem or not.

thanks

No problem at all with axles breaking. Tires can squeal as you turn if your on the gas too much.

I've got 40,000 miles on the lockrite in the rear of mine.

Daryl

Where is the box marked "DO A SEARCH". You claim you are running 8" of lift with 33's and you are going to run a lunchbox?

bgcntry72 said:
My friend has a twin-turbo Supra motor, and it pulls strong at low RPMs.
Being that it also has a version of the AW4 tranny, this motor should bolt right up, correct?
Does it have NOS, dude?

I personally like the Powertrax No-Slip, which is a synchronised version of the Lockrite.

Back