• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disappointed

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
I am a little disappointed that Marisha took the time to plan out a nice run in DV when there was a lot of interest expressed and only 3 people show up. Sorry that Lion (still out there enjoying) had his upper shock bushings blow out (the washboard was nasty), Matt and Eileen his wife with their cute little one (Robert) couldn't go all the way (just breaking him into wheeling), Stephen and Sonia his wife traveled with us the whole time I'm sure enjoyed it all as you all would have had you come. I hope you all can do better for Calico this weekend.

Well we certainly had a good time. We're only sorry we couldn't attend the whole trip. Here some pics from just day 1:

5.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Does any one know what this parasite is (picture BELOW not above?)
7.jpg

We spent most of day two at Ash Meadows Wildlife Preserve:
6.jpg

Spring hadn't quite reached the preserve. We'd like to take a trip back in April or so.

Anyway thanks for a great trip.

Matt

mattb said:
Well we certainly had a good time. We're only sorry we couldn't attend the whole trip. Here some pics from just day 1:

Does any one know what this parasite is (picture BELOW not above?)
7.jpg

Matt

Matt I believe that is called dottir (I think that's the correct spelling, may be one 't').

karstic said:
Matt I believe that is called dottir (I think that's the correct spelling, may be one 't').

Thanks, there was this one canyon on the way home where the cacti and cresotes were covered in the stuff. It was interesting because its a really bright orange.

Matt

good morning mike a marisha. looks like you had a great time. i am really sorry i didn't get to go. my rig sat fully loaded with my gas cans and all my stuff not only friday when i had planned to leave. but on saturday too when i had to come back into work. i do appreciate all the work and planning that went into the trip, i've been on the same side of stuff like that with leading mt whitney hikes which usually enjoys an outlay of permit cash up front. hopefully if you guys go back in april i will make it then!

I am sorry about this also but things do come up. It looks like something has come up again and it looks like i wont even be able to make the ocotillo wells trip. But again I wish I could have gone but when I guy goes into emergency surgery and your short handed anyway you just can't take it off.

Back