• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wideband commander

$500+ just to measure your fuel air ration with your laptop. Sounds like an excuse to spend money. You can read it with a simple volt meter hooked to your O2 sensor or the old school way, pull a sparkplug. From what I saw, it is a temporary install thing just for tuning and does nothing for the acutal performance.

I tune with a wideband O2 and a dash mounted digital reader. Very helpful in choosing injectors and playing with the mixture with the adjustable MAP. No memery function, though, so you've got to keep notes while driving.

CRASH

Sure...but these are jeeps not racecars...Personally I would put the money into something a little more worthwhile...New tires, lockers, cage, etc... I run wideband 02 sensors on my STI, but in a tuned car it makes a little more sense. Just my .02

Mike

12monkeys said:
Sure...but these are jeeps not racecars...Personally I would put the money into something a little more worthwhile...New tires, lockers, cage, etc... I run wideband 02 sensors on my STI, but in a tuned car it makes a little more sense. Just my .02

Mike

At some point, you run out of things to spend money on........so you begin extracting maximum performance out of the high dollar parts you have.

Why would I not try to wring every last ft/lb of torque out of a stroker?

What about tuning for the rigid smog requirements that are in place in California? Doesn't that seem worthwhile?

CRASH

12monkeys said:

Mike

Jeeps can be race cars:) If you dont believe me, you can look at the mustang in my rear view mirror:D Or check out www.jeepspeed.com

I agree with Crash that tuning with a wideband O2 sensor is a good idea to make sure you dont shorten the life of the motor by running it lean as well as making sure its running at its peak for smog requirements.

AARON

I bought this a few months back for some other projects.It stores up to 5(or maybe 6, I forget) inputs for 45 minutes of data,downloadable to PC!
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
LM1_Kit.jpg

Back