• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Viper remote starter/door locl/unlock...

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
Installing one on my '98, the instructions allude to being able to unlock the drivers's door first, then all other doors.

Not the greatest at reading FSM schematics, doesn't seem to look possible. Is this possible with an xj of my vintage, or any other year?

Thanks,

Mike#300

mikeny59 said:
Installing one on my '98, the instructions allude to being able to unlock the drivers's door first, then all other doors.

Not the greatest at reading FSM schematics, doesn't seem to look possible. Is this possible with an xj of my vintage, or any other year?

Thanks,

Mike#300

If your viper alarm (actually even if the alarm model is not the same, I think the alarm controller is same) is the same one I put into my Honda then you can't really do it without doing some creative wiring.

dothedew24_7 said:
They make two and three step unlock modules.
In that case, from what I remember playing with the wiring (98 as well) they are all tied into each other: when you triger on one wire you end up triggering all wires. If there is an addon module (or if yours has the outputs for 1 door and then the rest) you'd have to cut the wire to the drivers door and put a diode on it to prevent the signal backfeeding to other doors.

So unless I'm missing some obvious simple solution, the question is: how badly you want to be able to unlock driver's door first and then the rest?

The Viper manual does talk about progressive unlocking, I need to study the FSM again - to me the Viper manual is a bit cryptic, too.

I just removed a cheapo door lock/unlock unit I bought from Crutchfield years ago, the two wires that control all doors are negatively triggered, still trying to identify the driver's door wire.

The Viper identifies the second wire in their main harness to control the doors, but is not clear about the driver's wire. It'll come to me :huh: .

Thanks so far,

Mike #300

Back