• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody running a lunchbox locker in an 8.8

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
I'm running a Lock-rite in the front and really like it. I getting ready to swap in an 8.8 with discs and open carrier. I'm getting ready to order a locker for it, really considering a Lock-rite. This is a daily driver. How are you liking it?

I run it, no problems, it is not a DD anymore but was for a while with my wife driving it. The longer wheelbase plus an auto tranny makes the rear locker much easier to deal with.

I hate mine. Yes it works offroad. It is noisy and likes to give the occasional CLUNK. It sounds like a bunch of garbage is getting ground up in my rear diff. I'm seriously considering a spool. I would rather hear tire chirp than the noise this junk-rite makes.

Just my .02

Ouch, those are some harsh words.

I have a lock-rite in the rear. Yes it does make noise, but it doesn't really bother me at all. Definately does what it should when I need it though. Just wish I had one in the front.

EZ locker in mine for 1.5 years. No problems

IMO the best lunchbox locker on the market is the aussielocker...

and in most cases - its one of the cheapest...

their attention to tolerances is very detailed... and that is what ill run in the front - they dont make one for the ford 9" yet, but they do have them out for the 8.8

XJ_ranger said:
IMO the best lunchbox locker on the market is the aussielocker...

and in most cases - its one of the cheapest...

their attention to tolerances is very detailed... and that is what ill run in the front - they dont make one for the ford 9" yet, but they do have them out for the 8.8
I know Jeepkid8037 has one in his 8.8. From what I can tell he likes it. It cherps a lot more then my Detroit on the corners, but its deff. a lot less expensive.

lock rights were great but are loud as hell and have awful road manners(when in the rear) my no slip is much much better behaved. if it is a dd i would suggest to no slip over the lock right. dont know if they make it for a 8.8 though

I have an Aussie in my 8.8. The tolerances, as stated above are very tight. And it does click in turns but I usually can't hear it unless im listening, with the windows and music down. Never had a problem with it not locking up either. Can chirp it in any turn I want.

Yeah, I'm running the aussie locker in my 8.8 and it has done everything that i expected. Its very easy to control and the noise is minimal. As said before, with some music on you dont even notice the clicking. I only have 2 regrets....
1. not locking the front axle
2. wasting money on regearing the d30...shit always breaks

If your on a budget and running 35's or under the aussie locker is a great choice. Around $200 and you can install it yourself.

Back