• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chevy wiring in my 87 xj?

jlake000

NAXJA Forum User
I am usen chevy runnen gear and drivetrain in my 87 xj. (383 stroker, th350, np205 t-case)What i need to know is if anyone out there has done this to there xj and what wiring problems you ran into? What headers did you use? I pretty much need as much advice i can from everyone who has done this to there xj. This is my very first 4x4 build and want to know what to look out for. Thanx for your help everyone.

Hmm well i have, have fun with those headers with my 350 i dont have space in my 85'. Id say get a painless wiring harness or rewire the whole thing on your own, thats what i did. While you in there get rid of as much electronic crap as you can, less stuff to mess up in water. ALso i hope you have a beafy rear end in there cause i stripped two 35 ring gears, and broke a 44 pinion shaft so id go with something like 9" or a dana 60... have fun its a hell of a lot of work, and expect a lot of problems with it cause v8s dont sit well in jeeps... just speaking from experience.

Thanx for the bit of info. I was thinken i would have to rewire the whole thing. It never hurts to ask questions though. how else is anyone ever to get any answers? By the way how do you like your jeep now with the v8 swap?

haha sort of, i love the power increase, and i hate the constant breaking... Ive never been anywhere where i didnt have enough tourque but it will shread every stock part in your drive line. Who am i kidding i love it its probably one of the coolest things you can do cause how many people can say they have a sb chevy under the hood... on this forum... you and me. I do suggest a lot of lift and big tires cause you'll burn through tires like its going out of style... even when your easy on the throttle

Back