• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will It work? (pics)

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, i got about 3 inches on my XJ now, and here are some pics of my stock control arm angles, and what not, i have finally got my 1.75 coil spacers, i wanted to know what you guys think if i'll be able to put the spacers on and still keep the stock arms, i know i asked this similar question before, but i didnt have pics to show you guys what the angle of the arms were, also if it does work do you think i'll neeed another alignment? Thanks guys!!!

000_0135.jpg

000_0134.jpg

000_0133.jpg

Last edited:
You could run it, but you will most likely get some front driveshaft vibes. If you look at say, Rusty's 4.5" kit, you can see that they sell it with just lower arms, which push the axle forward slightly, but enough to keep the driveshaft at the right angle. So, if you plan on doing it, and you get vibes, then you can always buy lower adjustable arms, or just take the spacer off. Good luck

As far as i know you will get away with your stock arms!! There are guys here in Newfoundland running 6" on stock arms!! As for a wheel alignment, whenever you raise or lower a vechicle, or replace any steering components, you should get an alignment done!!

Your really pushing it with the stock arms over 4". I would save or spend the money and do it correctly. the lower arms dont adjust your pinion angle for your driveline vibe issues, this is done with adj. uppers. Lowers are used to set you wheelbase. Remember the steeper you go with your arms the rougher the ride due to the fact the the axle wants to push back into the arm instead of travel up in its normal range of movement.

Yup - you'd be pushing it, regardless of what the Newfies are doing. With a ~4.75" lift like you would have you really, really do want a longer LCA...

jrsxj98 said:
... the lower arms dont adjust your pinion angle for your driveline vibe issues, this is done with adj. uppers. Lowers are used to set you wheelbase.

does the factory kow this???

Thanks for all the responses everyone, i guess i'll just end up getting longer arms so i can put it all on at once... Thanks again

Dave

i ran my xj with 3" coils and 1.75" spacers on the stock arms for a few months this summer and it did fine, ive got longer lowers now tho.

kolby

I've got the Rusty's adjustable LCA's. They have a grease fitting on top, and very heavy duty. Well worth the money.

I ran 6" with stock arms and 33's for a summer with no problems, other then she was wobbley on the road, especially without swaybars. When I went with 35's and long arms it handled better without swaybars the the 33's did with. IMO, it can be done but make sure you change your steering geomentry slightly, I had some bindage at full flex.

Rob

I ran 3+1.75 on the MJ with stock upper & lower CAs

Yes it works...

No the angles/ride aren't good.

Yes at 'static' ride height, the LCA is closer to the shock mount than it was before. A little clearancing helps allow more droop.

As for the alignment... just jam as many caster shims as will fit in there (pushing the LCA forward) and adjust the track bar to center the axle. All the 'alignment' on an XJ involves is just toe-in and caster. The toe shouldn't change much by adding the spacers.

Back