PDA

View Full Version : a good body man in the area

dellstopjeep
February 6th, 2005, 02:32
Im lookin for someone that would know anything about straightening out the roof on my jeep. Its not lookin so hot after i rolled it and i want to eventually get a rack back up there again. I also have a lot of small leaks here and there in the doors where water gets inside my jeep. CAn anyone help me out or do i got to drop a fat wad of dough to a body shop?

XJourney
February 6th, 2005, 10:39
Well I am a bodyman. Without seeing any pics it is hard to tell you what to do. But if you rolled it and have leaks it sound like you need a new roof.
How nice do you want it to look???

Option A: If you want it prefect take it to your local bodyshop and get ready to write a big check. (hourly rate of $55 - $60) At 25-40 hrs

Option B: Find a local bodyman who want to take on your project on his free time. Still a fairly large check. (hourly rate of $25 - $45) At 25-40 hrs

Option C: If it is just a toy you could section it yourself. Go to a local wrecking yard get a WHOLE roof including the upper A, upper B, upper C, and upper D pillars. And spend some quality time with a drill and a welder.

Option D: Cut the roof off and get a cage.

Option E: Live with it

I would go with option C, but I have the skills.

verrive
February 6th, 2005, 14:28
There was a guy that did option C and after he painted and everything you couldn't even tell he rolled it. If you do it right, it looks pretty damn slick :D

shimmy
February 8th, 2005, 12:27
man.... why did you roll your heep? don't do that kinda stuff!