• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 97+ doors fit on a 96??

Cris_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I may be looking at changing the doors on my 96XJ ,they are bang up a bit and for the money that I will spend in the body shop I will rather have new/used doors and take the oportunity to get the new doors with PD and PW ,mine are power arm right now.
So will 97+ doors will fit on a 96 ???
The reason to go with a 97+ is better interior of the door and no window railing that is just in the middle of my side mirrow view.
Thanks

That's a good question...Does your 96 use door post latches or does it use the loop latches? My 97 has loop latches...does yours? On your 96 is the door seals on the door or on the body...my door seals are on the body...Answer those questions and it should be a direct swap...unless there are other things to consider...Good luck...Happy Jeeping...

John4wd...

Dont know, but I saw one day a xj with pre-96 doors on an
otherwise post 97 body. (Or sombody replaced all the front
and rear trim on a 96..).

Cris_XJ said:
Hey guys I may be looking at changing the doors on my 96XJ ,they are bang up a bit and for the money that I will spend in the body shop I will rather have new/used doors and take the oportunity to get the new doors with PD and PW ,mine are power arm right now.
So will 97+ doors will fit on a 96 ???
The reason to go with a 97+ is better interior of the door and no window railing that is just in the middle of my side mirrow view.
Thanks
Yes they will. From what I hear it's a PITA. Send a message to Dan Turner and ask him about it.

gjxj said:
Dont know, but I saw one day a xj with pre-96 doors on an
otherwise post 97 body. (Or sombody replaced all the front
and rear trim on a 96..).

Thanks I will go the junk yard this week and see what they have and if they have the same color red for 97+ , this way it will be a swap with no paint involve .

Back