• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ign switch replaced...still won't start

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the switch today. I still have the same symptoms. Dim interior light, won't turn over, no head lights, weak buzzer(can change tone a little if pressing on the key). This has been intermitent for a few months, so I think the battery is good. I'm thinking bad ground! Any suggestions?

Thanks
Thomas

tompatjr said:
I replaced the switch today. I still have the same symptoms. Dim interior light, won't turn over, no head lights, weak buzzer(can change tone a little if pressing on the key). This has been intermitent for a few months, so I think the battery is good. I'm thinking bad ground! Any suggestions?

Thanks
Thomas

IF YOU HAVE DONE A SEARCH AND FOUND THIS, SOME ADVICE!

Don't be a dumda$$ like me, and get too smart to check the simple stuff first. Start at the battery. After pulling the battery to take it load test, I was informed the post looked dirty. Went back and cleaned the post. Everything is golden, for now. A side note...I do have a new ignition switch, replaced the one thats got 13 years and 185K on it. So good insurance plus I have a spare.

Back