• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having vibrations, any ideas?

madcrazy_lp

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 92 4.0 XJ and have having some vibrations. the vibrations occur after i have been driving for a while and only happen when i brake and are sorta up and down/side to side. anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Lifted? Miles? How old are the u-joints, and what condition are the brake rotors??

okay here is the rundown.

I had a right rear (drums) wheel cylinder go. so i replaced that, and the brakes all at the same time. drove it for a week then the vibrations started, at that time they were really bad, so i replaced the springs, then replaced the drums, then checked the emergency brake cable, the cable was severly stuck, so i replaced it. now the vibrations are still there but not as bad. i havent touched the front brakes.

I replaced a U-joint not too long ago but just one it was the rear driveshaft front u-joint. i will go check the others right now.

Might check the tires to see if a belt has shifted. If it is on the front you will feel it in the steering wheel, if it is on the rear you will feel it in the seat of your pants.

Back