• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear lift Questions

dwhiddon

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know the best way to get a couple of inches more lift out of my rear leaves. I hava rusty's 4.5 inch lift with rear leaf packs. The problem is that after a year of wheeling loaded with my tools and 4 friends my springs are sagging an inch or so. Short of buying new springs, what are my options? I found lots of info on lifting stock springs using aals. These sound great becuase I would like to stiffen it up a little, but would they help with my lift springs. What about the chevy shackles. This seems to be my best bet. Any Ideas?

Definitely, if you don't want to go to another bigger lift than the one you already have, which would be a waste of money, go with a set of lift shackles. You can get .75", 1.00", 1.25", 1.50", and even 2" shackles for the XJ. Pick the one you want and order them. You can do a search for them and find the best prices, but you'll most likely pay between $40 and $70 for a pair. Good luck!

Back