• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

currie steering setup

Matt98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running about 6.5 inches with 35's. I was looking at the currie hd setup. I want something that will bolt on, and is pretty easy to install. I'm running the stock 30 right now, but intend on getting a hp 44 in a couple of months. First of all will the currie system bolt up to the 44 knuckles? If not what should I do? Wait to get the 44 on before upgrading the steering or find something that will work with both?

I would wait until you had the D44 and do a true high-steer. The high-steer will be a big improvement it ground clearance, strength and the steering angles. Why spend the cash if you're only using the D30 a couple more months? Invest in the upgraded axle.

You'll need a D44 with the true outers also, not a 44 with D30 outers.

Hey The company Goferit offroad has a insert that makes your steering a high steer.Drill out the knuckles and put inserts in and the tierods mount on top of the knuckles. I'm not sure if the Currie set would work though.
Just my 2cents,
later,
Frank

Jersey Jeeper said:
Hey The company Goferit offroad has a insert that makes your steering a high steer.Drill out the knuckles and put inserts in and the tierods mount on top of the knuckles. I'm not sure if the Currie set would work though.
Just my 2cents,
later,
Frank

i don't think this setup is truly "high steer"... i believe it just mounts the driver side TRE over the knuckle for better ground clearance. i know theres tons of people running em on a d30 though.

Brandon
like someone mentioned earlier, definitely wait for your d44 to do any type of steering upgrade. then you could just go high steer using some flat top knuckles

Jersey Jeeper said:
Just my 2cents,
later,
Frank

But, to flip the factory "drag link" assembly over you have to use parts from a passenger side steering Jeep

Last edited:
currie steering with goferit flip kit on the drivers side.

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00064.JPG

Back