• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle shafts

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
i wanna take the axles out of my dana 30 that has 307s and install them into a dana 30 with 410s cause the ears are shot...both none ABS...they both have the same axles right?

littlexj1 said:
i wanna take the axles out of my dana 30 that has 307s and install them into a dana 30 with 410s cause the ears are shot...both none ABS...they both have the same axles right?

yea they should work. that is assuming that they are both the non disco type or both the disco type and also have the same U-Joint size.

Last edited:
littlexj1 said:

disconnect...earlier Dana 30s had a two piece axle shaft on the passenger side. when in 2 wheel drive it was disconnected and when you engage 4wd a vacuum motor slides a fork which is attached to a coller that slides between the two shafts connecting them thus engaging the 4wd. not exactly sure the reason for this. check out the passenger side tube and if you have it you will see some little vacuum hoses going to the axle.

Back