• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I need anything else for this lift????

Cris_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I just order a 3" lift from Rough Country it comes with :front springs, rear add a leaf, lift blocks, U bolts ,shocks and boots.Plus a steering stabilizer.It's going to be install on a 1996 Cherokee XJ.

I need to know if I need anything else before I F...up

Do I need a 1" transfer case drop??
Do I need a slip yoke eliminator??

Tell me how critical this parts are and if anything else comes to mine let me know.
Thanks in advance

I lifted 3" and drove it that way for awhile. I got an adjustable trackbar because I noticed a bit more bump steer after the install. IMHO, you either need to move the lower trackbar mounting point over, or get an adjustable trackbar. Or leave it alone, if it seems fine when you drive it.

Fred

most likely you will need neither t case drop or sye. best thing to do is put the lift on and if your getting some vibes do a t-case drop. just be aware that the drop is more of a "band aid" the idea would be a sye and new drive shaft. in addition to what the lift comes with you may want to think about some longer LCAs and probably a new trackbar.

AJ-MJ said:
The 3" lift on my MJ did not have any thing but coil springs and AAL stuff.

It did fine!

i think steering should be fine, mine is fine(and i have stock LCAs and trackbar) but vibes *Might* show up. the longer drive shaft on the MJ definately helps vibes. I think BrettM has like 5" of lift or so with no sye.

87CherokeeChief said:
if your getting some vibes do a t-case drop. just be aware that the drop is more of a "band aid" the idea would be a sye and new drive shaft. .

If worse comes to worse I'll have around $120 for a sye and t-case drop ,will play by hear after the lift is install....Thanks

just get one or the other. both is not needed. but if you do the sye a new driveshaft will be neccessary

Ramsey said:
just get one or the other. both is not needed. but if you do the sye a new driveshaft will be neccessary

Thanks I did not know that , so for the money I guess the t-case drop will be cheapest way to go .

definitly try the t-case first, i have around 3 or a bit more inches on a 97, and i had some vibes, i put the t-case drop on, and no more Vibes!

dave

Might want to also consider JKS Bar Pin eliminators...not really that important...but there stronger and doesn't let front end cluck when going over rough roads and terrain...Can be bought around 80 bucks shipped...just shop around...I got mine at Bandlands 4x4 shop for $64 bucks...But that was on sale...

John4wd...

A t-case drop is definitly the cheap way to go and can be installed after the lift if you have vibes. If 3 inches is as high as you will ever go and don't wheel off-road very hard it should be fine. A good HD SYE and CV drive-shaft is in the $400-$500 price range, which is probably more than your entire lift kit, so I wouldn't bother.

VegasAnthony said:
at 3 inches I got death wobble
I had to put longer lower control arms on

are you sure it was death wobble? i didnt think death wobble came from control arm problems, i thought it was more directed at driveline probs i.e. driveshafts

of course i could be wrong though

I agree if vibs are a problem, do the drop. Also, be sure to look at the brake lines. The fronts can be remounted lower if they are too short. At the rear I built a bracket to lower the "frame" mounted end. But soon replaced the line with a longer one. You don't want to rip up a brake line if you flex it too much and they're too short.

Daryl

at 3" of lift, you should get an adjustable track bar if you flex it out alot
the stock bar will only get so much travel from the balljoint at the top of it on the frame, putting those chinsy brackets on the axle housing isn't great because that piece takes a lot of stress while turning, especially for those guys with wide tires and heavy bumpers (me)

Back