• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How good will this trans cooler work?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at a B&M 70268 SuperCooler, rated to 19,000 GVW, and it's 11" x 7-1/2" x 3/4".

Will this fit my '96 Jeep without problems? Should it be placed over the aux fan, or over the one that runs constantly?

I can pick it up for $60ish locally, or about $50 online. Are there any better options I should look at?

Thanks

go witht the stacked plate style instead of the rube and fin. Ive used both, and the stacked plate cools better, is less (I think) easy to break, and you can use a smaller cooler than with the other styles.

You don't need much of a cooler......put it anywhere it will fit.........and either kind of cooler will work just fine.

We need more posts from people with names in red.............or maybe I just need to step back for awhile.

No, I can't, and let this board fill up with marginal information in response to nearly senseless questions.

Go to the dealer and get the stock one. It fits, was designed for your vehicle and is probably less than $60.

I agree Richard.

Where do you fit a tranny cooler when you have AC? Does not seem like there is a lot of room.

I put a fairly huge tranny cooler in front of the AC condenser in my 88 but I had to do a bit of butchery to the backside of header panel (remove the center 'strut' and more for clearance) My grille (still) needs a tiny bit of clearance too.

I reused the AC condenser as a cooler in my trail rig...

If (when...) I do it again, I have a smaller cooler that won't need as much room in front of the AC.

While you do it, I think it's worthwhile to add a remote (spin-on) filter into the system. On my Renixes with Rusty's Airtubes, I moved the ceramic ballast resistor back a couple inches and use it's area for the filter bracket.

BAMCHEROKEE88 said:
Where do you fit a tranny cooler when you have AC? Does not seem like there is a lot of room.

My tranny cooler is right next to my power steering cooler, and both are in front of my A/C condensor. Plenty of room......

BTW, my tranny cooler is a Hayden, the finned aluminum kind, and the power steering cooler is one of the stock tranny coolers.

Back