• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinker fluid q's

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
i don't have the money right now to do any major mod's but i was thinking of making all marker lights on the corosponding side blink while turning. just wondering what you guys are using to do this do you use dual filliment bulbs or do you use something along the lines of a trailer light converter. i have a 96 so it is the older body style. so basicly what i want is for both marker lights to be on when the running light switch is on and when i put my turn signal on i want both to flash.

I use my turn signal actuator. I also highly recommend synthetic blinker fluid except for high mileage vehicles.

Cripton grease is critical on all connections..
6 double A batteries also aid in transfering proper power supply when ran in
conjuction with your standard Walmart 12 volt battery. (Be sure to ground
properly!)

i've always used olive oil in my blinkers... it works the best!
nevermind that was gay.

Last edited:
basalt51 said:
I use my turn signal actuator. I also highly recommend synthetic blinker fluid except for high mileage vehicles.
I've experienced leaks when I use synthetic blinker fluid. It leaks right out of the indicators in the dash. Pretty messy. I use dino blinker fluid, and add a little to the muffler bearing also.

I found that using a combo of 5 parts Valvoline 90 weight, and 2oz. of OEM friction modifier works extremly well in all weather conditions. and does a remarkable job of keeping the muffler bearings quiet( i am running a borla)

There is a way to accomplish what you want to do, and I believe it involves cutting just one wire on each side and splicing it into a different connector. Trouble is, I don't recall which wire. If the madXJ link doesn't give you what you need, drop me a PM and I'll contact a friend in Europe who has actually done the conversion.

No lie, I threw something in the back of my xj and the frickin' fire extinguisher in my milk crate tool box discharged. Baking soda or whatever that crap is all over the place.

Someone mentioned Halogen blinker fluid, I heard of Halogen fire extinguishers that'll put out a fire without leaving residue.

Where can I get one, HD, Sears HW and Lowes don't carry 'em.

Thanks, Mike #300

I have heard of Halon and Halotron type extinguishers. They sound like what you are explaining. The only place I have seen them for sale is at commercial sales places and on the internet.

I had a racoon climb through my open sunroof to root through the old corn chips & twinkies leftover from a camping trip. Somehow he set off a good blast from my extinguisher onto a pile of clean clothes in the back. I wasn't at all happy w/ all that yellow dust on everything in the Jeep.

It was my fault, really. The red plastic part that prevents accidental discharge broke off long ago, and I used a tie-wrap that came with my led side marker/direction retrofit kit, which apparently failed.

If they can't even package their product properly, I'm bringing the darn kit back to the .99 cent store and get a refund.

Maybe I'll trade in my Classic and lease a Range/Land Rover, whatever those things are that come standard with side flashers.

BTW, I searched Halon and Halliburton on Google, the former is gas, which I believe is flammable (hello!) and the latter has something to do with some guy with a timing problem (retarded) that had an automatic jumpstart unit implanted somewhere or other. Great advice :conceited .

Mike #300

mikeny59 said:
BTW, I searched Halon and Halliburton on Google, the former is gas, which I believe is flammable (hello!) and the latter has something to do with some guy with a timing problem (retarded) that had an automatic jumpstart unit implanted somewhere or other. Great advice :conceited .

Mike #300

where did i say anything about halliburton? :dunce:

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...er&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

http://www.reliablefire.com/halon/halon.html

Back